If you are looking to shed a few pounds this year then you may currently be struggling with hunger pangs. Instead of breaking your diet, choose these five filling foods that will help keep you satiated for longer.
- Eggs contain all nine essential amino acids and are a complete protein. Amino acids release hormones that help supress appetite.
- Greek yoghurt contains more protein and less sugar than natural yoghurt and it tastes great topped with fresh fruit.
- Crunch on an apple as this fruit contains pectin which slows digestion, promoting a feeling of fullness.
- If crisps are your downfall, try popcorn instead. You can eat three cups of plain popcorn for the same amount of calories as just a quarter of a cup of crisps.
- Oatmeal contains lots of fibre and it takes quite some time to digest, slowing down those hunger pangs. Top with fruit or with almonds for extra protein.