Impress your significant other with this rich and tasty dish and it will take you just half an hour to cook.
- 8 brown shallots, left whole at the root and peeled and quartered
- 2 x 175g/6oz sirloin steaks
- 25g butter
- Crushed black peppercorns
- 4tbs balsamic vinegar
- 150ml beef stock
- Large glass of red wine, approximately 175ml/6fl oz
- Simmer shallots in a pan of water for 2-3 minutes. Drain and set aside. Season steaks with salt and crushed black peppercorns and heat half the butter in a pan until it begins to sizzle. Cook the steaks for 3 minutes on each side for medium or until done to your preferences.
- Take steaks out of the pan and keep warm. Melt remaining butter in the pan and add the shallots and cook until they start to brown. Add the balsamic vinegar and allow it to cook for a few minutes. Add the wine and reduce until sticky before adding the beef stock. Cook the sauce for a few minutes.
- Spoon the shallots over the steaks and serve with chips and green beans.