These days there is a terrific variety of herbal teas available and this drink makes a tasty alternative to traditional tea. We have listed five reasons why you should drink herbal tea.
- Herbal tea can have a therapeutic effect. For example, ginger tea may help relieve nausea and peppermint tea can be clearing if you have a head cold.
- Herbal teas are made from nutritious plants and may release some vitamins and minerals when you add hot water.
- Many herbal teas can have a calming effect, helping you to wind down after a busy day. Lemon balm can help to quieten the mind and chamomile is well-known for its soothing properties.
- Other herbal teas help to boost energy and these include licorice root and ginseng tea.
- Herbal tea is a zero calorie drink that can help you feel full for longer which is great if you are trying to lose weight.