Have you been considering dental implants to replace missing teeth? Integrated Dental Care thinks implants can be a great choice and here is why:
- Dental implants preserve your jawbone. We feel this is one of the top reasons for choosing dental implants. An implant consists of a titanium post that is inserted into your jawbone to support the replacement tooth. The post is able to closely replicate a natural tooth root, preserving and protecting your jaw from bone loss that occurs after natural teeth are removed.
- There is no need to cut down healthy teeth. We hate removing any healthy tooth material, but with bridges and dentures we often need to reshape or cut down adjacent teeth to provide support for your new prosthesis. Dental implants are self-supporting so we won’t need to modify otherwise healthy teeth in any way.
- Dental implants help your natural teeth. Your dental implant will ensure your remaining teeth cannot move or shift position and will spread the pressure and forces created during eating, ensuring your teeth wear down evenly so they are less likely to chip or crack.
- Dental implants are very versatile. You can use a single implant to replace just one tooth, while multiple implants can support bridges and even complete arches of teeth in the form of a fixed bridge or an implant supported denture.
- Dental implants are long-lasting. With the proper care they can provide you with many years of use.
- Dental implants can look and feel fantastic, providing you with stable, natural looking teeth that look just like your own.