Spring is here, so celebrate the warmer weather with our tasty and refreshing salad.
4 x 200g chicken breast fillets, each sliced into three
200g podded frozen or fresh broad beans
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
1 cup mint leaves, finely chop half the leaves
¼ cup chopped flat leaf parsley
2tsp wholegrain mustard
Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon, plus additional tablespoon of lemon juice
200g garlic ciabatta, halved lengthways and torn into small pieces
400g can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
½ finely chopped cucumber
Large handful of baby spinach or mache (lambs lettuce)
125g halved cherry tomatoes
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Mix lemon zest, juice, chopped mint, honey and 11/2tablespons oil in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper. Add chicken and stir to coat. Place in fridge for 10 minutes to marinate.
- Blanch broad beans in boiling water for 1-2 minutes. Drain and cool under running water. Remove outer skins of broad beans and set aside.
- Grill ciabatta on a baking tray for 4-5 minutes until crisp and golden.
- Pre-heat a chargrill pan to high and cook chicken for 2-3 minutes each side until cooked through and caramelised.
- Toss spinach or mache, ciabatta, broad beans, tomatoes, cucumber, chickpeas, parsley and mint in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the remaining oil, mustard and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and season to taste. Divide the salad among 4 plates, pour over salad dressing and top with chicken.